West Coast Scotland
Forever in the shadow of the East coast where golf began. In truth the inhabitants of Scotland’s western seaboard prefer to be left alone. And why not! Would you share the Ailsa course at Turnberry or the Old course at Royal Troon with anyone else? The west coast is blessed with championship links courses. The big three dominate every itinerary that is Prestwick, Troon and Turnberry. Prestwick of course is the originator and sponsor of the Open and its hallowed claret jug, famously staging the Open from 1860 to 1870. The Old course at Royal Troon and the Ailsa course at Turnberry are two current Open venues, the former famed and equally feared for its postage stamp 8th hole par 3 and the latter famed for the “duel in the Sun” between Tom Watson and Jack Nicklaus in 1977. Words fail to paint the beauty of either Troon or the Ailsa course at Turnberry, seeing really is believing.
Our most popular West Coast Experience Includes:
- Golf at Turnberry Golf Club
- Golf at Royal Troon Golf Club
- Golf at Prestwick Golf Club
- Golf at Western Gailes Golf Club
- Golf at Dundonald Links Golf Club
- Golf at Glasgow Gailes Golf Club
- Golf at Machrihanish Golf Club
- Seven nights at Loch Green Hotel
- Full Scottish breakfast each morning
- Luxury coach and driver throughout
- Carr Golf Travel representative to meet you on arrival
- Carr Golf Travel Representative on call throughout to answer any queries you may have
The Experience listed above is a sample of what Carr Golf Travel can arrange. Itineraries can be tailor made to suit individual budgets and requirements.